Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FO's

I give you the baby Who? Hat. This will definitely be a repeat knit.
Pattern: Who? Hat by Sara Amoroso
Needle Size: US5 circular
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby sport dk - baby denim marl
Notes: I decided against the button eyes for obvious safety reasons, but it's still a darn cute hat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The heavily modified chevron scarf was bravely modeled by this charming bust form.
The edges are curling and that really bothers me. I haven't given it a good blocking, so I'm hoping it will take care of it.
If not... ya got me...don't know what to do.
Pattern: Chevron Scarf by Mary Jarred
Needle Size: US8
Yarn: Berroco Cotton Twist
Notes: This pattern was heavily modified. Instead of casting on 36sts, I started with 24 sts, then revised the pattern accordingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night, I needed something simple and quick to knit...instant gratification, if you will. Since I have a lot of Lion Brand Thick & Quick yarn from a sweater that, I can confidently say, was never meant to be, I decided to put it to good use. Thank you to Leslie at a-friend-to-knit-with for sharing the Chunky Knit Beanie pattern.
Pattern: Chunky Knit Beanie by Leslie Friend
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick
Needle Size: 2 - US15 circular needles
Notes: I decided to knit the beanie in the round. I have a love/hate relationship with dpn's... I don't own size 15 dpn's, instead I used two circular needles for the decrease.

"Your girl is lovely, Hubbell...."

1 comment:

Kara said...

Gotta love owls on anything! The hat is darling.