Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Petals On Flowers

The headwrap is complete just in time for some cool weather, forecast for this Thursday.
I decided to post a picture of Whitney from The City wearing her darling headwrap as a comparison snapshot.
Adorable.

I was uncertain on the number of flowers to add on... I started with two... extra on the side.

I added a third. Does it look bulky?

Whether two or three flowers it came out pretty cute. The headwrap knitted up fast and wasn't complicated at all. Using Vanna's Choice yarn in grape, I cast on 96 sts using US 9 circular needles, ribbed edge, k1, p1, for 4 rows, stockinette stitch for 12 rows or however many you would like for your desired width, ending with a ribbed edge again, k1, p1, for 4 rows and bo.
I tried different methods and combinations for the crochet flowers, which in the end left me with several to choose from for another cute headwrap.

Happy knitting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That came out so cute! Nice job, Martha.

Kara said...

Super Darling! If only I knew how to crochet...

Leciawp said...

really nice! I like it with two or three flowers.