Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ho Hum

Soooooo, Donny Osmond will NOT be appearing on DWTS this season. Bummer!
I got really excited when I heard it on the Bonnie Hunt Show. I have to admit, I didn't see the entire show only a preview clip.
Oh well, maybe next season.
Okay...moving on!
I finished the cute preppy argyle hat, BUT I'm going to re-knit it soon because of the tightness around the middle, which resulted in a smaller size. The floating strands and my tugging at the yarn to avoid loose stitches made it too small even though I added extra stitches for this very reason.

Luckily, Crimson Purl had a link on her blog to a video teaching the two-stranded knitting technique for this particular issue.
Love it! A thousand thank you's Crimson Purl!
I tried it on my second fair isle hat and had pretty good results. Voila!Next up a hat for a little guy who loves to show his high-spirited creativity by wearing interesting headwear.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Oh how I adore anything argyle! Those hats are great!

WifeMomKnitter said...

Jeez Louise, Martha! Those hats are great! You're so crafty!