Tonight's flick...
Two Can Play That Game with Vivica Fox and Mo'nique.
"Game recognizes game playah."
It's hilarious. Yes, women play games, but so do men.
Second movie...
Uncle Buck with John Candy and Macauly Culkin.
Favorite scene... when Uncle Buck (John Candy) attends Maizy's conference with the Principal and can't seem to focus on anything but the big wart on her chin.
I included an excerpt from that particular scene to share the humor of funny man John Candy. RIP.
"Buck Melanoma, Moley Russell's wart...not her wart, not her wart... I'm... I'm the wart, she's my tumor, my...my growth, my pimple. I'm Uncle Wart...just 'ol Buck Wart Russell, that's what they call me or Melanoma Head...they'll call me that...'Melanoma Head's coming',... I'm sor...Uncle...Maizy Russell's Uncle, I'm her Uncle... ."
Unfortunately, I have a very small mole on the side of my nose and students seem to spot it with their eagle eyes and are constantly asking me what it is. I tell them it's a mole and the doctor has to cut it off. Then, I proceed by demonstrating the procedure with my hand which leaves them with enough visual information and sound effects so to not ask again.
It's all very innocent... really. ;-)

3 comments:
I love Uncle Buck! Anything with John Candy is so funny :)
Well I mean we are all 17 or 18, and the teacher is a guy, so if he did hear, I guess he was just like... whatever. He's very non-confrontational. We did have R rated film permission slips sent out at the begining of the year. And we have watched plenty of movies with nudity and sex scenes, etc. And it's a film class, and so many of the best movies are rated R. But it's just that the fact that *I* am showing it. I don't want anyone to think i'm weird or anything.
It's a really respectable high school- don't worry. But like any other, there are immature people there. Especially in the film class it's really laid back and everyone is with their friends, so... they are more outgoing and immature.
Post a Comment