One of the blogs I frequent often is Tiennie Knits.I enjoy browsing through her hand-knit creations, mainly because they are so cute and they serve a purpose; socks, hats, scarves, headbands...they keep her kids and their friends warm while playing outdoors. Recently Tiennie shared a cute hat pattern she appropriately named The Olivia Hat after her daughter's best friend. The hat was a request from the bff.It's an argyle knit cap with a preppy look to it.Please excuse the blurry picture, my camera was focused on the background. More pictures coming soon.
I started the hat last night, but I'm hoping to have it done by tonight while watching Little Black Book. I know this may not be the most appropriate movie for this holiday, which is meant as a celebration of friendship and lovers. And, I'm aware the choice of movie seems a little cynical, especially when the message at the end is ...omission is betrayal... but I need a good comedy/tear jerker/happy-ending movie tonight. Bob the flatulent dog provides the laughs.
Carly Simon's appearance and music throughout the movie is a major bonus.
Need I say more?
Happy Valentine's Day! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment