Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Choice

Today I broke the news to a group of first graders that we eat pigs and cows.

In the morning we were discussing a picture showing a pig eating apples and a rabbit eating a carrot, which somehow led to an explanation on why we raise farm animals.
It was a situation where one thing led to another, but the best
part was when one student asked me if hot dogs were made out of dogs.

You gotta love the innocence of a young inquiring mind.

Now I wonder...
how many will grow up and become vegetarians?

1 comment:

WifeMomKnitter said...

I doubt very highly that your first graders will remember this conversation past next week! :-)

I used to work with a woman that began a vegetarian. She used to make such a stink about it that one day I asked why she had a problem with eating something that used to have a face when she had no problem wearing leather shoes. That shut her right up.