This year, my Road Trip Buddy asked if I wanted to join her on an excursion to the Richard Nixon Museum, I said, "Um, okay." I'm always up for an adventure.
I took a lot of pictures. Flash photography was not permitted indoors, not sure why, but I followed the rules and changed the camera settings.
Here is my roadtrip in pictures.
Of course, our trip began with the obligatory Starbucks stop. Love my Starbucks!
Our sky in San Diego looked like this - blue sky with patchy clouds. Beautiful!
We arrived in Yorba Linda to this - overcast and chilly.
They had a lovely garden outside, which included the gazebo used for Tricia Nixon's wedding at the White House in 1971.
These two dudes were chillin' out by the garden pool/duck pond.
I came across another hallway (with very shiny floors), lined with flags representing our fifty states.
At the end of this long hallway I found a doorway...
...it led me into this beautiful ballroom. It reminded me of the movie Pride and Prejudice; the scene where Georgina was playing the piano for her brother, Mr Darcy... and then, I started to twirl. Don't worry no one was around and my friend knows this about me, it's what I do. :-)
This is what I believed made the room special, three elegant chandeliers. I could only get two in the frame, but they were beautiful.
The museum was filled with so many interesting artifacts and information about President Nixon's life and what he dealt with during his years while in the White House - before, during and after. There is something about Nixon that I really liked. He was a good man and worked hard. I was too young to comprehend his errors during Watergate, but in comparison to the present politicians in office and what they have done and do, his scandal is almost small-time.
My friend was impressed with The Kennedy Presidential Library she visited a few years ago and was curious to visit this one. Though the JFK library had three levels, the Nixon library with its single level, had a very nice theatre.
Next stop on the list, the Ronald Reagan Library. All aboard.
Finally, I leave you with a picture of an astronaut suit, I believe was worn by Buzz Aldrin.
Since our beloved Buzz Aldrin is on Dancing with the Stars this season and made it to the next round, I thought I would pay homage to the space guy by sharing a picture of his space suit.
After our museum visit, we hopped on over to South Coast Plaza Mall in the OC.
Let me just say, I felt underdressed and I needed a bigger budget to shop at this mall.
We were on a mission to find a pair of comfortable shoes, but since I'm not into 5 inch heels, the mission was not accomplished - People watching was the way to go.
Maybe in another world or more like another lifetime, I'll be able to afford Versace, Armani, D&G, and Pucci, but for now I'm happy with my Starbucks, thank you very much.
Happy Friday.

2 comments:
Sounds like you had lots of fun.
Did you run into Heidi and Spencer? I would have kicked the two of them in the shin. ;-)
Sounds fun. But I think the people watching would be the best. My best friend and I used to do that some. It is pretty neat.
Post a Comment