Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Celebrating Life

Last week, my dear friend Valerie, her family and all her blog friends, mourned and celebrated Granny's 96 years of life.
Btw, thank you for the condolences, though she wasn't my biological grandmother, I regarded her as my adopted-granny, as did the rest of Valerie's blog followers. She touched many lives in her own unique way.

While I prayed for Granny and hoped for a miracle, I guess you can say, life came full circle.
My dear friend, Erika experienced her own little miracle last week. She was blessed with a 7 lb. bundle of joy named Tomas. And, let me tell you, he is truly a blessing and has many relatives and friends waiting to spoil him rotten.

While baby Tomas is settling into his new life, I decided to knit a special blanket for him.

Pattern: Kristen Patay's, Baby Cloth patterns
Yarn: Vanna's Choice baby yarn in Little Boy Blue and White
Needles: US size 9 (the pattern suggests a size 3, but the yarn is too thick for a small knitting needle.)

I'm hoping to finish the blanket within a month's time. I'm not ruling out any modifications to the patterns at this point, because I will definitely plan on adding a thick border to each square before seaming them together.

So, until next time friends, let's go out and celebrate life.

3 comments:

Kara said...

What a sweetheart! And the blanket is going to be so cute!

Val said...

Oh how sweet you are! I am just getting around to visiting blogs again. Thank you so much for this sweet tribute and that baby is a darling. What a blessing.

Beth Dunn said...

How sweet is he! I received a knitted blanket for my first son and still have it to this day-he just turned 10. They are amazing special gifts. xoxo
SC