Thursday, April 15, 2010

RIP Granny

Granny
October 24, 1913 - April 13, 2010

She worked on her precious quilts to the very last day.
Granny lived 96 years and what I find truly amazing is how in her last year on this earth, she touched so many people with her quilts;
they were made with love and care.
Her strong work ethic and belief in the Lord was shared with us through Valerie's blog and passed on as a lesson to us younguns.
I'll miss seeing pictures of Granny reading her bible, or reading the stories about her laundry schedule,
or how she had to get back to her sewing because she had work to do.
It would be selfish of me to want to keep her here for one more story. Granny is not in pain anymore, she's peacefully with the Lord.

I will cherish my quilt forever which I named, My Granny Prayer Quilt and it means more to me now than it did the first time I received it in August.

6 comments:

Kara said...

She sounds like a beautiful woman. And what an amazing quilter. My condolences.

Erin said...

Oh sad! Your granny sounds so cool. Sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this.

Lulu said...

will keep the family in my prayers..
what a great woman she was and lovely quilts she did..

Val said...

You have truly blessed my heart. I am going to link to you if you don't mind. Precious. Thank you is not enough.

Val said...

I forgot that I wanted to say thank you also for starting the ball rolling by asking to buy one of Grannys quilts. You blessed her by many others buying a quilt because you bought one first. I never ever would have imagined that she would have sold that many quilts to bloggers.