At first I thought you had to read a book for 24 hours straight (I'm delusional), but soon found out everyone was divided into shifts. It sounded like something I'd like to give a try, but rather than reading a book, I thought I would be part of the pep rally. Cheerleaders needed? Where do I sign?
I am now an official Read-a-thon cheerleader.
Even though I don't have an assigned reading shift, I may pick up my book(s) and flip through a few pages. :-)
As of now I believe there are over 300 readers from the US, the UK and Australia, all coming together for one day and night to read for 24 hours as a way of showing unity in the world of literature.
The action starts at 5:00 am Pacific time on Saturday, April 10, 2010. There is still time to sign on if you would like to partake in this exciting event...just click on the links and it will lead you to the site.
Go Readers!

4 comments:
Aww! Thanks, Martha.
When I saw that you only were required to read for a hour at most, I thought, "I can do that!".
Have fun with the "cheerleading".
How is the Read-a-Thon treating you? Hope you are having fun!
When you posted on my blog, I thought who knits sweaters for cats? I mean, it's a fact, cats do not like sweaters. I know this from first hand experience...well, with a shrug. My cat would not wear it. Even hissed at me...and a sort of growl.
But after my eyes adjusted I saw taht it said ca(no t)knitter. Good to know you are only knitting sweaters for California and not cats.
Thank you for commenting on my blog...this has been a wild ride and it's great to have others along for it. :)
Welcome to the Read-a-thon. As you've probably figured out, some of us are crazy enough to approach 24 hours of reading. I'm guessing I'll make it to 22 or so (with breaks :-) ).
I hope you enjoyed your cheerleading!
Post a Comment