Monday, October 5, 2009

Picture-less

I've recently discovered a few things about Blogger.
First, Did you know that blogger uploads and stores all pictures from your blog and places them into a Picasa photo album?
Second, if you delete all the pictures from the Picasa photo album(s) they will also be deleted from your blog and your computer hard drive. Great. This does not sit well with me. I don't want anyone other than myself to have access to my computer's hard drive.
So, last night I transfered all my pictures onto a removable disk.


Whoever invented this little device is a genius.
It holds so much information and I can carry it around with me on my keychain to work and back.
I'm going to try to re-insert all the pictures missing from my blog, but I might leave some blank. I apologize if you see big blank squares.

Right now, I'm seriously thinking of hopping over to wordpress. I've already registered and trying to familiarize myself with the setup. Does wordpress pull this kind of thing? Is it worth the move? If anyone would like to chime in, I'm more than willing to listen.
Thanks a bunch. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, Martha, I blog through Wordpress and I have no issue.

You just have to be really careful what you put on your sidebar though. I almost had my blog shut down because I accidently pasted something that they found questionable (button for InboxDollars - the surveys I take) on my sidebar.

I don't think this would apply to you though. You're pretty tame.
They make transfering your existing blog sooooo easy, too.

Val said...

I want one of those little things. I have had several pictures removed too on my old post. Hey I put a video of Granny on last night. I can't help but think that I owe all of this to you. You started this granny thing. I have lots of birthday cards to give her. I am trying to decide whether to give her a couple at a time or give them all at once. Sometimes she gets overwhelmed.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I didn't know that about blogger pictures but I'm definitely not happy with blogger.....editing is certainly not user friendly. I don't know anything about Wordpress at all. I'd love to hear how you like it. blessings, marlene

Carri said...

I had no idea that would happen! I'm so glad you told us. The little external drive things are wonderful! I recently discovered them myself. You must keep us updated regarding wordpress v blogger...I'm anxious to know more about it.