Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Young Life

I try really hard to keep my blog positive and fun.
Tonight's post might not be much fun, but I'm hoping you can find the positive by sharing a little love and prayer.

Today I worked at the school attended by the latest victim of the H1N1 virus in San Diego, a 5 year old kindergartner. When I drove into the school parking lot, I counted four news vans parked on the cross street of the school campus. From what I was told, it's believed they were at the school all night and remained all day broadcasting from the area and interviewing parents willing to share their opinions and comments.

It was a very solemn day at Howard Pence Elementary.

The first graders I worked with today were well aware of what had happened to their fellow classmate. They have also been well instructed on personal hygiene and the safe way to cough and sneeze without spreading germs. There was a point when one student reminded me about using hand-sanitizer before lunch... gold star for her!

The latest news events lead me to this...
There is a fellow blogger dealing with the H1N1 virus in her household. I hope she doesn't mind me posting her link, but I just want everyone to pray for her adorable and adventurous pre-school twins, a boy and girl she affectionately calls J and T.
The other day she posted about the doctor being 99.9% sure her babies have the swine flu.
One of them has underlying ailments and the swine flu only worsens the situation.
If you would like to click on over and send her some words of encouragement or just a little prayer, you can find her at Preppy Pettit .

Thank you Everybody.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to see a little life cut short so young.

Val said...

Oh this is so sad. We had a 7 year old here die of this terrible flu. I will pray for the babies and the family of this little one who is in heaven. Thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

This is sobering but a great reminder about what some people are dealing with and how we all need to be extra careful.

Anonymous said...

That's so scary :( I can't believe how frightening this thing is getting!

Alice Grace said...

How very sad! I pray that the twins will get thru this illness. It is so hard to know what to do in this crises. I will pray.