Monday, October 19, 2009

This Crazy Virus

I popped in to see the latest health news on the Preppy Pettit twins and it looks like they are doing just fine, which is great! Thank you to everyone that said a little prayer for them or left a sweet comment.

Unfortunately, a student in one of the classes I sub in a lot has the swine flu. As his mother was telling me the news this morning, I could tell it took all her strength not to cry. The little guy is at home with the proper medication and will be fine, but will be out all week.
As I went out to pick up the students, I informed the parents, that were present at the time, about the student's illness and advised them to try to sanitize everything at home because I was going to do the same in the classroom. You should have seen the expressions on their faces...concern and fear!
As we went into the classroom and tried to settle down, several parents approached me and asked what they could do to help me clean. Before I had the chance to fill-up a bucket with soap and water, they were wiping down tables and chairs. Wow, these are awesome parents!
This class is taught by my friend G. She is very lucky this year because this is an exceptional group of kids. By the actions I saw this morning from the parents, it's no wonder they are such great students...they learn by example.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was nice of the parents to pitch in and help. I'm praying that there are no more cases reported in the school(s) you sub in.

Midtown Girl said...

How great that they were on board to help out! I hope that student is doing ok - we have to get rid of this virus stat!!

XOXO

ps - I so remember that Vivica movie!! It totally sounds like it right - insane!!
LOL