Wednesday was the lighting of the Christmas tree at the hotel and it marked the beginning of the holiday season in Coronado!
This is the beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby. There were so many people surrounding the tree and posing for pictures or just admiring the ornaments (that would be me) it was hard getting the entire tree in the frame.
I didn't get the details, but I know for a fact they used hundreds of ornaments and thousands of lights.
Closeup shot.
The evening began with The Children's Christmas concert which explained why I saw kids dressed in holiday attire everywhere.
Every shop was decorated in holiday cheer.
The hotel is literally steps away from the beach and it's no surprise to find beautiful seashells and starfish decorations...
...and ornamental glass birds.
I found the Spreckels Sweets and Treats Candy Shop in the Christmas spirit. Yum!
A couple of footsteps from the sandy beach you can enjoy a little bit of ice skating to the sounds of Christmas carols and the ocean waves in the background. Please excuse the dark picture, my setting was off.
Since this is a knitting blog, I couldn't help but feel obligated to add this photo of a beautiful sweater displayed in one of the shops. I think I've seen something similar in one of the blogs I read frequently. Looks easy to make, but looks better already made in the window. ;-)
I'm hoping my Christmas post brought a little bit of holiday cheer into your world.
:-)

5 comments:
Everything is so pretty and festive. I love this time of year!
Loved this post Martha!! My family and I lived in southern CA years ago and on my 16th birthday we went to the Del Coronada Hotel at Christmas since my birthday is in December. It was actually me, my mom and sister and a few other really good girlfriends. We stayed at the military base close by and had a blast with late night walks on the beach and seeing the hotel all decked out for Christmas. So thank you for bring that memory back to my mind and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!! Love in Christ, Kristie
Oh how fun! How can you not get into the Holiday spirit after that?!
Oh I want to go there! Looks so pretty. That tree is unreal.
its beautiful..I love the Del, such a lovely place, although i havent gone inside..
Post a Comment