Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sweater KAL, Done!

My Cropped Cardi Sweater is finished!

I posted some info on the Sweater KAL blog too, if you're interested.
Some deets you may want to know:
The pattern: Found in the Knit.1, Fall/Winter 2008 - #19 Cropped Cardi, by Mari Lynn Patrick.
Needles used: Circular Sz 15
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick
Color: Fisherman
Mods: Since it's supposed to be snug and cropped, two features that do not compliment my... well, let's just say, full-figure and broad shoulders... I added a few stitches to make the cardi roomie. For more pictures and projects you can find them on Ravelry.

The cardi is warm and cozy and fits nicely, but the open stitches on the sides bother me. It almost makes me want to seam them closed. What's holding me back? I don't like seaming, which is the reason I knit mostly hats and scarves.

It took me several tries to get the back center-seam to blend, but by using the mattress stitch (after several tries) you can hardly see where it closes.

Now it's time for some hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies while wearing my warm cardi and watching A Charlie Brown Christmas and The Victoria's Secret Fashion show.

TTFN

1 comment:

Val said...

Oh this is so beautiful. I love it!