Saturday, December 19, 2009

Vintage Sewing

Look! Santa came early this year. The jolly ol' fella brought me some much needed and desired items for my craft addictions; Fun rulers and 16"circulars in size 13.
I have been looking for a dressmaker's ruler for a long while now, and with a happy coincident (Serendipity, perhaps? - love that movie), I found it on Joann.com.
I know, I know, I should be shopping for others, but I was even more persuaded to get it now when I found my 50% off coupon. Woohoo!

Merry Christmas to me!

Rather than getting a start on my knitted gifts...

This is what I'm trying to make.

I'm stitching up a cute casual cover-up/jacket out of some warm polar fleece fabric I've been holding onto for this very project. In my mind, it's my Christmas Eve jacket, mainly because it's a happy holiday-red.
I'm certain Santa won't mind.
I purchased the Vogue pattern back in '91, which, again, in my mind is considered vintage - Vintage Vogue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my source for knitting inspiration.

My collection of Fall/Winter knitting magazines this year had a lot of beautiful sweaters, hats and scarves. The result of all this inspiration...my little hat...too bad it's not a gift for someone.

On Monday, I'm going to be one of those crazy people at the mall that wait till the last minute to find that perfect gift for family members.
Yup, that's right... I've lost my mind.
I'm going to start my Christmas shopping on Monday, December 21st... AND I haven't sent out my Christmas cards yet. They don't call me the Procrastinator for nothin'!
I don't feel so bad though because my friend hasn't started her Christmas shopping either.
But, come Monday morning, we're going to hit the mall charged up on caffeine, suited up in comfy clothes, wearing sturdy shoes and determined to complete this task together and in one day or something like it.
If any of my friends that happen to read my blog are at The Parkway Plaza Mall on Monday, say, "Hey!"

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Martha!!!

Kara said...

That 50% off coupon is a very powerful thing. Good luck with your shopping!