Monday, December 7, 2009

Noggin Keeper

Hats, hats, and more hats.
I've been a busy Mad Hatter.
This is the reason I procrastinated so much with the Sweater KAL - I was having too much fun knitting hats.

Two out of the five hats shown I made for myself...the striped pink and white hat and the bright orange hat with the vine across it (it's my passing-out-Halloween-candy hat).
The top left hat is the Giacomo hat design from Purlbee; the other two are my own crazy creation, they resemble Christmas ornaments. Perfect for the season, don'tcha think?

This is the latest hat I'm working on now. I really like the color combination, which is a relief since I've unraveled it many, many times.

It rained cats and dogs today with the wind blowing like a hurricane was in the horizon.
Knit hats may not keep you dry in the rain, but they will keep you warm in the cold.
Until next time... let's see what else I can pull out of my knitter's hat. :-)
Ciao

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a flair for colorwork! I love the hats that you made.

Val said...

Oh I love your hats! They are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh.. these are beautiful!!!

Midtown Girl said...

I just bought a knitted cap (with the bendable visor piece in the front - wish I could make them like you do - so talented!!

XOXO
Amy

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh, I love them all. Your blog is looking really, really good these days ! I will make it a point to visit more often.

Lulu said...

oh my word, i love, love, love your hats...They are so beautiful..I want to learn to make a simple knitted hat...I have not tried yet..

Town and Country House said...

Beautiful work; perfect for the frightful weather we are having!

Beth Dunn said...

So pretty!
xoxo
SC