Since I'm not fortunate enough to have a gargantuan walk-in closet, my OCD kicks into high gear when it comes to organizing my clothes.
A very long time ago, I invested in this nifty closet organizer with shelves in the middle and hanging bars at both ends.
LOVE IT!
In the past couple of years, because of my knitting enthusiasm, I've produced a number of fun scarves for myself - I store them in my closet and they just hang around.
To my dismay, I encountered a problem... DUST. I realize there's dust everywhere that a vacuum doesn't catch and I certainly didn't want it to get on my scarves... so I went out and purchased plastic covers, the kind you can slip over coats and tops, etc.
The problem appeared to be solved for the time being, until I noticed the scarves touching the floor. Aargh! Luckily, I had these nifty ziploc XL and XXLBig Bags in the house that I use to hold my yarn and fabric. If you haven't tried them and are looking to store yarn, fabric, pillows, blankets or clothes, these are great!
( The picture below shows the XXL box)
I decided to use the XL bag to store my scarves - perfect size!
I slipped them in the bag, hanger and all and they fit nicely.
I had three hangers full of scarves nicely packed in one bag!
I really need to move to a city where it snows or temperatures drop below 50, so that I'm able to give my scarves a fair-wear rotation.

(Note: I didn't 'ziploc'/close the bag because I kept the plastic covers on)
I know that most people have cedar chest to store winter items or plastic bins or another closet, but since I'm short on space I thought my solution might be helpful to someone in a similar predicament.... and/or helpful in a ziploc bag-kind of way. ;-)
Have a great weekend!




2 comments:
i love your closet..Mine is a mess..I have no room for anything..My yarn is in grocery store bags all over the closet..i keep cleaning it out, then the same thing happens days or weeks after..lol...
i can only knit scarves, been knitting purl stitch scarves for a few weeks now..I am finding it relaxing, although i love to crochet also..:-)
take care,
I love those XL Ziploc bags, they are great! I try to keep my closet organized, but it is just too tiny :)
Post a Comment