Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 6th of July

4th of July was low-key for me.
* Grocery shopping
* Walmart trip
* Registration for Michael Jackson Memorial.
Yup, that's right... I registered for the MJ Memorial Service. When I signed on, there were 1.2 million people registered and waiting to be randomly picked to attend the service. By the Saturday night deadline, the number went up.
A few minutes later I received this: The confirmation e-mail letting me know my name had been added to the list.

By Sunday afternoon, the day had come and gone. Reality set in, my name wasn't picked for the event, so I'll be watching the Memorial in the comfort of my home, where it's safe and cool. I keep hearing flights from London to Los Angeles are booked and people are still camping out in front of Neverland Ranch...not sure why. Hold on to the memories, people, and let him RIP now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started a pink (BreastCancer 3-Day) scarf last week. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or send it to my friend Cathy, who, btw, has almost reached her donation goal for the 3-Day Walk. A few more $$$ never hurt, especially when the money is going to a great cause.
If anyone is interested in helping her out or helping out her team you may click on the pink ribbon.

Pink Scarf stats:
Pattern: Upsweep Pattern from Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Eco yarn in Baby Blush
Needle Size: US 8 circular 16"

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

WifeMomKnitter said...

It sounds like it's going to be chaotic for the memorial services. Yikes!