Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunny Sunday

Happy Sunday to everyone!
Finally, a day for some much needed R&R.
Spring break has officially begun and it's time to indulge in some of my favorite past times such as knitting and sleeping. :-) ***************************************************
And now, it's time for some knit chat.
Hey there, remember the hooded cardi I started, oh let's say, two years ago? Well, it bit the dust. I couldn't handle the wonky armholes and decided to release it from the confines of my yarn bag.
My comfy cardi went from being a grand idea...

to many hours of stockinette knitting...
onto the dreaded construction process. The end.

It's safe to say, hope abandoned me and the cardi never made it to completion. A froggin' it went. Ribbit.
No need to waste good fiber, I say. Time to move onto bigger and better things and put the yarn to good use.
So, my latest creation is a sweater that is simple and easy, just the way I like it.
The pattern is called Pretty in Pink by Josée Paquin. You can find it on Ravelry as a free download. Her web page has several pictures of the cardi in pink. Very cute.
My progress? This is what I have so far. The project started about a month ago. Yup, that's right an entire month has gone by since I started cardi 2.0. This time around, determination won't let me give in to doubt or procrastination. :-)

Since TV watching is one of my methods of relaxation, I get hooked on certain shows. My latest TV obsession is a show on the ABC Family channel called Pretty Little Liars. Love it, but mostly for the trendy clothes. Though I have to admit, I don't care much for Aria's teen crush/relationship with her English teacher. What in the world are we teaching our children when they write stories about inappropriate relations at school? We see enough of it in real life. Just terrible.
Anywho, back to trendy knit talk. I've noticed the girls wearing several cute knitted hats and sweaters. Very Anthropolgie-like, too. Here are two hats the girls have worn, cute and simple. The first - a stylish, simple beret.

The second - a moss stitched crown beret.
Looks warm and probably easy to make.
The edge/brim reminds me of the felicity hat.

All pictures were taken from my downloaded episodes of Pretty Little Liars I purchased from Amazon.com.I highly recommend Amazon for tv series purchases over iTunes. Better service and easier to use.
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and that spring has sprung in your part of the country.
Have a great week! :-)

5 comments:

Kara said...

Nice progress on the sweater! It reminds me how little I progress I have made on my sweater.

Those hats are so cute. I especially love the white one.

kaetrn said...

ahhhhh! spring break! i bet you will enjoy that! thanks for posting that sweater...i was going to knit the one you frogged...but i might reconsider and make the new one instead!

Amanda said...

I love to knitwear spot on TVs too!

Val said...

Oh I can't wait to see the finished sweater!! Thanks for the compliments on my deer quilt. It might be just a panel but it is a good huge quilt.

Posh Peach said...

Love the hats! My mom is taking knitting classes so I'm hoping she'll teach me :)