Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Humbling Moment

I am so not proud of this (because I'm exposing the contents of my bag), but I regret to share and acknowledge (because I'm in denial) that...
my good ol' trusty, sturdy, reliable, sometimes-overloaded, willstandthetestoftime L.L.Bean tote has seen better days and it's time for a new one.

Since I am a huge coffee drinker, I take a tumbler of coffee to work with me everyday. I've learned from past experience and mishaps, to place my tumbler in a plastic zip-lock bag. In my rush to get out the door one day, I carelessly left the lid slightly open. My route to work isn't exactly on the smoothest roads and on this particular day my coffee spilled all over my bag, soaking my wallet, phone, camera, lunch and the inside of my LV toiletry pouch/cosmetic bag (circa early 1990's). I had a puddle of java at the bottom of my bag. Wah!

I have to take a second and give kudos to LV. There was little to no damage to my toiletry pouch/cosmetic bag. And, trust me, they don't make them like this anymore, I've seen and touched the new bags.

So, back to my bag disaster...
When I noticed my bag dripping out of the bottom corner, it was pretty much too late to save it or anything inside. It was heartbreaking seeing my belongings swimming in a puddle of coffee. My LL bean tote has been with me for years and the worn out corners are a sure sign of its heavy usage. I wonder if L.L.Bean replaces the bottoms of their totes?

In my desperate time of need, I decided to use a garden bag I found last year at Home Depot for the bargain price of $7!

Truth be told, I do not garden and far from having a green thumb or the like, but take a look at this bag and all its compartments. LOVE! I couldn't pass it up.

Today, I'm hoping to purchase my new L.L.Bean tote. Wish me luck. There are so many colors and styles to choose from. Now if only Home Depot sold L.L.Bean totes. (sigh)

I hope everyone is having a spill-free Tuesday! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me when I tell you that if you send the bag back to LL Bean, they will most likely just send you a new bag, rather than repairing the old one.

My husband had a backpack and a jacket from there that he had bought when he was in middle school. The backpack got replaced multiple times and they actually sent him a check for the jacket because they no longer made that particular type.

Meg said...

I second that comment--L.L. Bean will replace your bag!

Val said...

I LOVE this garden bag!!! That looks like it would work for a lot of things!!!