Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day!!

On this great day when everyone is celebrating planet earth, some of us are trying to fill up our gas tanks with fuel that may or may not be good for the environment.
Just take a look at these crazy prices!
$4.41 for Supreme, $4.31 for Plus and $4.25 for Regular. Ugh!
Someone is pocketing a lot of dollars.

I remember back in the day when $18.00 used to fill up my car's gas tank.
Today, I'm lucky if I get more than half a tank. My poor little car.

After a day of running a few errands and a big Starbucks to get over the shock of the insanely high gas prices, I came home to put away groceries.
Little did I know a slippery bag of pasta was going to seal my knitting fate in a matter of seconds.
Racing to put things away, (not sure why) a bag of pasta was trying to escape my grip. Attempting a mid-air catch, I slammed my pinkie on the counter and the outcome was painful and so not pretty.
I've never had a purple puffy pinkie before.
Boy, purple and puffy sure does hurt.

This is what my pinkie should look like: slender and flexible.

Until the butterfingers incident - OUCH! - I was making good progress on my sweater.
I'm almost finished with the knitting, but the final steps/seaming will come at a sloooooooower pace.

So much for my knitting goal of Spring Break 2011.

I hope everyone is enjoying a little bit of sunshine and fresh air in their part of the world right now.
Happy Earth Day! :-)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Ppor pinkie! Hope it bounces back soon.