Saturday, August 29, 2009

Melting

It's been crazy hot here in supposedly, cool San Diego.
Gawd, I'm melting! My little fan can only do so much to keep me perspiration-free.

As I write this post, I'm impatiently waiting for 4pm to roll around because a group of hometown boys are making headlines across the nation.
These "little guys" (one of them is 6ft tall...What are they putting in the water?) are going to play the game of a lifetime. The Little League World Series. The game was scheduled for 1pm Pacific time but was delayed due to rain.
We could use some rain right about now.

Good luck Park View Little League!!

UPDATE: The little dudes did it! They won 12-2 and are

The 2009 United States Little League Champions!!

Congratulations!

3 comments:

Suburban prep said...

You guys got the heat the Chicagoland area has an early Fall. I don't think it got above 65 where I am with a bit of a wind.

Val said...

We are having a little cooler weather here. It is in the high 80's! Thats better than the ninetys. Congrats to the team!

Anonymous said...

It finally started to cool off her in Connecticut, but it's been overcast for the last two days. :-(

That is so awesome about your Little League!