Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back In Session

All the kidlettes are back in school around these parts, so my post have been sparse.
I've been helping out my friends in their classrooms decorating walls to display student work.

In a previous post, I shared a picture of Zeke the BIG dog. On that particular day, he took ME for a short walk while I was watching him for my friend, LS. Lol. He's a good dog, but for some reason likes to bark at men or anyone wearing dark clothing...just a fair warning. :-) I took Zeke's picture after our morning visit to Starbucks before heading to the classroom for some beginning-of-the-school-year prep.

I wanted to share a picture of my friend's (TKK) classroom writing wall.
I wish I had a picture of the entire classroom to show everyone that she is one - of many - extremely organized teachers I work with in this school district. It's a characteristic of a great teacher; they have the student's best interest in mind by providing a positive, clean, safe and stimulating classroom environment.
So much time, money and materials go into preparing for a new school year. Unfortunately, this year the teachers were not compensated/reimbursed for any outside expenses because of the lack of funds. Chalk it up to budget cuts.

Welcome back to school, kids!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Is it that time of year again already?

Have a great school year!

Val said...

It really is amazing that teachers have to spend a lot of their own money to fund that classroom and nobody usually even hears of that.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment and great suggestions :)

Unknown said...

Hey! Thank you so much for all your sweet sweet comments!!!

By the way.. I so wish I could knit. My mom was a HUGE knitter as is my monther-n-law. Even though I can't do it.. I'm so thrilled I have a hook up! :)