A few random tidbits...
- When I was attending FIDM in Los Angeles ('83-'84), MJ was filming the infamous Pepsi commercial nearby. The word spread quickly about the hair-catching-on-fire incident. Several of us jumped in a car and drove down, but by the time we arrived, the area was clear of any activity.
- My roommate at the time had jokingly mentioned a plan to make a music video with MJ to her parents at the airport, someone overheard and believed it to be true. It was their inside joke. Ironically, she started dating someone who actually knew MJ, but alas never got to meet him.
When you hear Michael Jackson's music you can't help but to reminisce about a specific time in your life; the good times, when dancing was fun, songs were clean and the energy was high.
I miss the good times.
RIP Michael Jackson.
ETA: Of course, I can't forget to include two icons from different eras in this post ... Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett. Both had an impact in everyone's lives in varying degrees and will be remembered as legends. May they rest in peace.

4 comments:
I loved all the songs when he was young. My children loved him when he was older. I loved Farrah and Ed. My thoughts and prayers are with all of their families and especially those 3 little children of MJ's. I can't even imagine what they are going through and what they will go through.
I left you an award on my blog :)
so sad to lose such an icon.
Nice tribute AND I totally forgot that album folded out like that to see his glowing socks!!!!
Good memories! He hopefully is RIP now (despite all the drama here on earth)
Post a Comment