Apologies to the few bloggers that pop in to read a little something or other about the latest happenings in my knitting life or otherwise. Thank you for hanging in there and thank you for the kind comments. :o)
Lately, I've been prepping material for the first week of Mrs. M's, 2009-2010 Kindergarten class.
Oh my gosh, did I just type 2010!?!?!
I'm working with a Kindergarten class through the end of the school year, which ends next Thursday.
I'm exhausted! Is it Friday yet?
Their teacher, Mrs. M, had vocal chord surgery and she's not allowed to talk, literally, for two weeks - doctor's orders!
She asked me to sub for her while on medical leave and I happily accepted.
To ask a Kindergarten teacher not to talk is like asking a canary not to sing.
I feel for her though... Mrs. M is a happy talker.
She's been teaching for more than 20 years and is known to be one of the best teachers in the school district.
She's has an extensive collection of educational materials in her classroom from her many years of teaching.
On the knitting forefront...I finished the flouncy scarf but didn't take a picture of it. Drat!
I assure you, it came out beautiful; the color, the length...very nice. The ribbon yarn is amazing and perfect for a feminine or romantic looking scarf.
Here are the stats.
Needles Size: dpn's size 3. I think the needles were meant for sock knitting, but whatever works.
Yarn: Sensations Flounce tape yarn in purple flounce.
Pattern: I used every bit of information I could find on the internet for the pattern. In the end, I think I followed the Online pattern found at http://www.online-garne.de/
Mods: Unfortunately, the pattern did not have BO instructions. I treated it like any other bind off and hid/weaved in the visible edge.
My friend included this colorful ribbon yarn for me in the bag of goodies.
She's very thoughtful.
Now it's time for a ruffled scarf for myself. I'll be sure to take some snapshots of the FO.
Now it's time for some rest. The Kinder kids wear me out. Plus tomorrow the firefighters are paying a little visit to the school and I'm in desperate need of some beauty rest.
I can't wait... I'll try to post some pictures of the good looking firefighters.
:o)

1 comment:
Hubba Hubba!
Post a Comment