Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Flounce

I've been working on something soft...

something with lots of ruffles...

something aesthetically pleasing.

A beautiful ruffled scarf.

After two video tutorials, three written instructions and many pictures to guide me, I have the makings of a flouncy scarf. It's not as easy as it looks. Trial and error at first, but by following some guidelines and a lot of determination, you'll be swimming in a sea of ruffles in no time.

I'm knitting this scarf for TKK, a devoted fashionista and dear friend. One of TKK's fellow dog park buddies, who is also a knitting enthusiast, was wearing a ruffled scarf just like the one pictured and instantly fell in love with it. Days later she made a special trip to the LYS and purchased everything needed for her newest accessory. There were a few more goodies in the bag that I'll post about later.
Happy Saturday. :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cute!

Kara said...

Oooooh. So so lovely! All the hard work is paying off.

Philigry said...

love that scarf. i know my daughter would love one in pink. i will have to give it a try.

Lulu said...

thats beautiful.

Anonymous said...

very beautiful! I'm so jealous, I wish I could knit well.

a friend to knit with said...

first of all..... flounce in PURPLE!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
and i so agree... it is totally confusing at first....
and about the bind off... i used the same yarn to bind off. i think the bulkiness subsides... or is just hidden under the last ruffle. hope this helps!