Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday's Knit Hat

Not a very clever title, but what can I say?
It's to the point.
I thought I would share a finished knitted hat I made during my Online Blackout.
I made it for no one in particular, but when I showed it to my friend's daughter she really liked it...
And just like that, it had a new home and a new owner.
This little girl is growing up so fast right before my eyes.
I remember the day she was born, she let out the most beautiful cry the moment she entered this world. Fast forward to the present... she's in third grade, she's a great gymnast, excels in her studies, and likes all things girlie. So when I asked her if she wanted me to add a flower to her hat, shyly, she said yes. And, so I did.

please excuse the out-of-focus telephone pic

Pattern: Cables Untangled Hat
Yarn: Vanna's Choice in white
Needles: circular size 9
I made the same hat in red with a few more rounds for the next size up.
Instead of the flower, I added a pom pom.
My little friend liked it just as much as the white one and wore it all the way home.
It feels good when your knitting makes someone happy.

Making people happy, one hat a time.

5 comments:

Kara said...

What a cute hat to share with others.

Val said...

Oh that is gorgeous!!! You do such wonderful knitting.

Lulu said...

thats so pretty..

Posh Peach said...

Wow that hat is beyond fabulous!! Super cute.

Thanks so much for your sweet words on my dress post!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I love white knit hats! So clean and pretty.

KK