My Dashing arm warmers are done! Yay! Actually, I finished them a few days ago, but never got around to writing a post.
Here they are, my purple Dashing arm warmers. What is it with me and the color purple? Not sure, but I love it.
If you'd like the knitting stats for this project, please click on the word Dashing and it should take you to my Ravelry page.
FYI, I made a few modifications with the cables. I wanted the cable design to mirror each other, so after almost finishing the second arm warmer and noticed it wasn't turning out that way, I frogged it, started over around the 18th row, and knit it in reverse. If that makes any sense.
On my Christmas things-to-knit list, there are a pair of arm warmers for my niece, just like my purple pair aka Dashing, but in blue to match her cheerleading outfit. A fashionista already. Girl after my own heart.
My nephew on the other hand would like a black hat. That's it.
Black hat. I think I'm going to throw in some color. Solid black is too goth for a little boy, at least in my eyes...unless it has cables. Hmm, cables.
I welcome any suggestions. :-)
What I really want to knit for my nephew is the Ralph Lauren Olympic Reindeer Hat.
Someone at Clever Knits charted the design during the 2010 Winter Olympics and generously shared it with the knitting world. Amazing. And, thank you.
In other really "happening" events in my life (sarcasm, gotta love it), this coming Monday, a dear friend and I are going to see the movie The Black Swan. You don't know how long I've been waiting for the release of this movie. Natalie Portman is an extraordinary actor and the fact it has to do with the performing arts, i.e. ballet, makes it worth the wait. I'm really hoping she wins a Golden Globe for this role.
Until the next post. Goodnight friends :-)


6 comments:
Your Dashing arm covers are fabulous1 I love your knitting! Such beautiful work!
Oh, you'll have to post a review of the movie! I live hundreds of miles away from the nearest movie theater and won't be able to watch this one until it comes out on DVD. :( I want to see it so badly!
Oh I love your projects. I want to learn to knit but thought since I know just a little about crochet that I would work on it first. You are really really good and I know that for a fact. Thanks for the comments about the deer quilt. Simple but it is huge and that is one way to see some deer!!! Ha!
I totally agree about the hat.. I have a hard time putting black on kids! I love that RL hat! I am DYING to see that movie too.. YOu'll have to post what you think.
Merry Christmas to you!
Your Dashings are lovely. They look very soft. Why did I think that was a free pattern !?
I've been looking at the RL hat also, just haven't gotten around to it.
I love Natalie Portman also. I should make plans to see that movie, soon !
Your arm cozies are adorable! Let us know how the movie is. I can't figure out from the ads what it is about but I love Natalie and Mila and the costumes look amazing!
Post a Comment