My first attempt at making a pumpkin pie, and it was more or less successful.
Please don't look at the crust too closely. I totally cheated and used the Pillsbury Rolled Refrigerated Pie Crust and it wasn't completely at room temperature like they suggest on the box. So, as I rolled the edges around the pie plate I had to wet my fingers to soften the dough a bit, but it turned out just as tasty.
For the filling, I followed the recipe on the can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin. For some reason it taste like I used too much evaporated milk. Not sure why? I'll be trying another recipe very soon.
Here it is. Happy pie with a wonky crust. :-)
***************************************************
Two days ago, I decided to reknit my green scarf.

This time I reknit the scarf using Jen Reilly's pattern, Super-Fast, Ultra-Cozy Scarf. The scarf turned out much more relaxed. I'm loving it!
***********************************
Here's hoping your baked goods turn out tasty and your knitting turns out lovely. :-)


8 comments:
Hurray for my favorite kind of pie!
Love the scarf too. ;-)
I bet that pie is wonderful. I guess I will have to head to the grocery store tomorrow. You have got me in the mood. I have really enjoyed my scarves already this year. We just went to a Christmas concert and I had 2 compliments on my green scarf that you made me. I love it.
Your scarf looks great! And I always cheat and buy Pilsbury pie crust too! :)
Love your idea of the keychain flashlight!!!!
Ummmmm that pie looks good. I often use the refigerated pie crusts when I don't have time to roll one. They are flaky, just fine. I love pumpkin pie, I have to make a few in a week or so. I'll post my recipe also.
Believe this or not, I am on another computer and don't have your email AGAIN. Email me when you get a minute- I have a question to ask you.
Love your scarf.
It will soon be cookie baking day here.
Then our big meal on Christmas day.
Mmmm the pie looks delish! How did it taste?
Post a Comment