Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

Something I've been wanting for the longest time now has been a crock pot/slow cooker. This Christmas, I got one and love it! I'm probably the last person on earth to own one, but better late than never, I say.

Anyway, lately, southern California has been experiencing a lot of cold nights and days. Not sure what's going on?! I know it's winter, but come on man, it's southern California!
Ugh! Okay, moving on. :-)
To comfort my cold bitter heart and frozen toes, I made some tasty chili in my new crock pot. I followed the recipe that came with my new toy combined with the one on the back of the chili seasoning packet and ta-da!
Yumminess in a bowl on New Year's Eve.

As 2010 comes to a close, I wish I could say it had been a great year, but it was just so-so.
Personally, there were many challenges in my life: ailing parents, hoping for a better job, finding out who is a true friend and who is not, and my car. Unfortunately, I tend to absorb all this dark energy and it really brings me down...lots of depression going on around here.

But never one to be a full-time downer, the bright side is, 2011 will be the beginning of a new decade. I absolutely know who my true friends are and will remain this way for the rest of my life, including the great people I've befriended through blogging. I look forward to greater personal growth and the hope of prosperity in all areas of my life.
This year I won't be making New Year's resolutions because honestly, I don't follow through. I can vow to lose weight only so many times. Who am I trying to kid? I finally caught on to my scheme and I no longer take myself seriously. :-)

Sooo, with that said, I say goodbye 2010, don't let the door hit ya on your way out, and hello 2011!

One thing I am certain of in 2011... new knitting patterns!

BTW, After it stopped raining for 40 days and 40 nights, I finally went to see Black Swan and all I have to say is WOW, this was a GREAT movie. Natalie Portman is amazing in this role, especially in the final scene of the movie. Black Swan is fiction at its finest.
Lastly, this movie left me thinking...
~There are times when life can be a mental game and as human beings we become vulnerable when we start questioning our sanity and lose faith in ourselves.~ (keep believing in yourself)
They don't call the Black Swan a psychological thriller for nothin'. ;-)
ETA: I do not recommed this movie for children.

I hope everyone has a safe and warm New Year's Eve!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that this year is better than last year too.

Happy New Year, Martha!

Kara said...

Who needs resolutions?! I am happy that you are ready to take on 2011 and make it a great year. You deserve an awesome year.

And congrats on the crockpot. I still don't have one. But I should. It makes the tastiest things!

Lulu said...

i know, i was freezing again last night..its sunny here and blue skies, but the house is cool..

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh you are going to fall in love with slow cooking! Look at my blog list to find crockpot 365's link. She has the best recipes! I use my slow cooker all year because it puts out no heat in the summer. Love not heating up my kitchen when it's hot outside!

Nicole Marie said...

i've had a crock pot for a year and havn't used it once!