And...what better way to commemorate a new season with off weather, than by going to a baseball game, which I happened to be invited to by some dear friends on a Saturday afternoon.
It was a perfect day in perfect company.
We arrived early to grab a some lunch. The ballpark was tranquil, but within the hour the seats were filled with baseball fans.
I spy a diehard Padre fan!
I have to say, I love the design of our ballpark. No matter where you happen to be standing in the ballpark, you can feel a pleasant breeze coming from the bay.
We made our way upstairs to the PCL b&g and had some appetizers. Delish.
Nostalgia displayed throughout PETCO brings back memories to the fans who have been attending the games for decades. I wasn't around when this picture was taken (my mother was only 4yo), but it's great to see history in photos.
After our snacks we made our way to our seats. People watching is one of my favorite "sports".
Boy, it was hotter than a tuna melt in a frying pan on Saturday.
I spied some fans watching the game from the rooftop of the building directly behind the park... probably enjoying fruity drinks with tiny umbrellas. :-)
At this point in the game, Cincinnati was winning, but don't worry we came from behind and scored a few runs, then they scored and it was a tie score, 3-3. On Sunday they slaughtered our team. Oh well.
After a couple of hours sitting in direct sunlight, the thermometer popped out of my brain letting me know I was done, we decided to take a stroll to the Padres store and have a look around.
I spy bobbleheads!
I really need to make myself a scarf just like this one. At $20, it wasn't outrageously priced, but why buy it when I can make it. Right?
Baseball figurine. One of my favorite players is Tony Gwynn...this happens to be his son TG Jr.
As the sun was setting and cast welcomed shadows in the ballpark -cooling the afternoon temperatures - we won the game in the ninth inning.
Many people left early to avoid the crowds or because it wasn't looking good. They should have stayed until the end because we scored. VICTORY!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.




2 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Now I can't watch a ball game on t.v. and enjoy it like being at the ball field. Yes you can knit yourself a scarf. By the way, I mentioned the Starbucks Mugs and scarves that you sent me on my blog today. It is rainy and cool here. I think the high was 68 today. I wish it would stay just like this. I even love the rain!
havent been but i see it when i go by downtown..
its been to hot for my comfort.:-)
stay cool..
Post a Comment