In continuation from the last blanket post and the one before...
The squares were knitted and arranged...

I attached them by crocheting contrasting colors; blue -> for the squares outlined in green and white -> for the green squares outlined in blue. In the end...
the blue color wasn't sitting well with me. I didn't like the break in the outline of the squares. The green squares were randomly placed to make an interesting artsy shape and I thought the blue would add a nice contrast, but the overall color combination and placement didn't give it a flow.
So I did what I do best, I took my scissors to it and cut the blue strips out. Since they were crochet, it was a very easy task of removing and restarting.
And, tada! The finished product.
The deets:
Pattern: Kris Knit Baby Cloths, the sailboat and letters are my own design/pattern. If you are interested, I am more than happy to send them to you.
Yarn: All Vanna's Choice Baby yarn in Sweet Pea, White, and Little Boy Blue.
Needle: US size 9 and crochet hook I
I'm really happy with the blanket. I had to retouch the picture since my surroundings lack appropriate lighting for a perfect photo. Thank goodness for Windows picture gallery.
You know the expression ~> one for you, one for me?
I had to make something for moi.
I made a simple beret with the intention of adding it to my hat collection, but since the start of this post, I've promised it to a friend. It will look nicer on her anyway. :-)
While watching the first episode of Rachel Zoe, I noticed she was wearing a cute multi-colored beret. I sent her several tweets asking where she got it and no answer. Fine. I tweeted Brad about the beret, no answer. Fine. Btw, last episode, she was horrible to Roger, her cute hubby. I kindly sent her yet another tweet informing her to pay attention to her cute hubby or someone who is more loving is going to snatch him up. I wonder if she read it? Doubt it.
Anywhooo, I went ahead and made my own cute beret.
The deets:
Pattern: I have many patterns for slouchy berets, but ultimately it was a trial-by-error project.
Yarn: Lion Brand Tweed Stripes in marble. Love this yarn. Bought it at Walmart on clearance.
Needles: US 10 cir and dpns.
Next up, something beautiful.
Have a great weekend!

7 comments:
Oh my!!! The blanket is just gorgeous! I need to ask you how hard that is? I am just a beginner but I love that look. I love the beret too. It is almost time for me to start wearing my scarves that you made me. Well, it will be a few weeks. Our mornings are cool but it is still up the 90's!
That blanket came out so cute!
The blanket is amazing! Seriously.
I love that you tweeted Rachel Zoe. That is so funny. And I always love a good beret!
The blankeet is a wowzer ! I love it and the colors !!! I like the beret too, love that yarn !
Whoa - you are super talented darling!! The beret is tres chic too <3
thats so lovely, came out just perfect...Great job!!
the the beret ,you do such great hats..
Your blanket is fabulous! I would be so pleased to receive a gift so beautiful!
Post a Comment