For some reason, I thought I had a pattern for the alphabet somewhere in the depths of my pattern books and files, but I was out of luck. Using the basic outline from the square/washcloth pattern, I charted out each letter on the computer and after many hours, I completed the name. :-)
In order to save myself time while knitting, I added the number count of stitches to each row. The shaded parts are purled and the clear parts are knitted stitches. Even though I borrowed the outline from the original pattern, this took a while. Now I understand what knit designers go through when creating their projects.
Pardon me while I sign off to knit up a storm.
Let's hope my next post is a picture of the finished blanket.
ttfn :-)

5 comments:
Oh my goodness! A little knitted name! So cute.
That is going to be adorable!
xoxo
SC
You are amazing! I can't wait to see it finished. Sweet Teen and I were talking today how we would love to know how to knit. I will have to show her the blanket when you get it done. I don't have your email on this new computer. One day I will sit and add all of them in. I am glad that you are cool. It is awful here. We actually did have a little rain tonight. It cooled it down some. Hope all is well with you.
This is soooo cute!!! Can't wait for the finished product <3
cant wait to see it..
Post a Comment