This is also my mediocre attempt at quilting or in my case sewing long strips together. I can confidently say my sewing skills are pretty good. I can follow a pattern like nobody's business, but trying to construct a simple pillowcase with two contrasting colors to cover up some flaws in the princess print panel almost did me in - I tend to overthink things all the time and forget that simplicity is key.
I started by adding the blue and pink strips to the panel (in the second picture you can see the plushy fabric in the background).
And, here is the beautiful pillow.
I also finished the summer dress I started a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I am not a photogenic person and you'd have to tie me up and slip the dress on to get me to pose for the shot. Fat chance. I do have to say, it's very comfortable.
They're not the best pictures, sorry. I draped the dress on something and it looks like a blouse, but I assure you, it's an above-the-knee length dress. And, since I made the largest size to avoid fiddling around with a zipper, I added loose elastic to the back to give it some shape... yay, it worked.
My next project...the baby blanket that I've put off for too long.
Happy Wednesday All!

9 comments:
So cute!
Oh, I just noticed the pattern that you're using for the blanket. My friend, (Jennsquared) on Ravelry did those dishcloths and found some errors that I still don't think have been fixed. Check out her project page because she wrote changes to the pattern she had to make to correct it.
Well done on both projects! Isn't it great when things turn out like you planed?
I love it!! The pillow is so ADORBS - you are so talented darling <#
very cute. You're so talented!
Thanks! it was nice to hear from you :)
How cute is that pillow! We all need a princess pillow
xoox
SC
If you search my projects "The Cutest Baby Clothes Ever" you should see the errata I wrote down. It's not noted anywhere on Kris's page.
I love the princess pillow. Where did you acquire the fabrics?
oh that pillow is so cute! i want to make a baby blanket for my godchild, who is due in a month, but i've never done it before so it seems incredibly daunting!
Beautiful.
Post a Comment