Saturday, July 3, 2010

Aw... Shucks, Thanks!

Warning: Long post ahead!

Last month, Sweet Jen at Wife,"Mom",Knitter, graciously passed along this kind award to me:

Thanks Jen! You are too sweet. :-)

I have to apologize to Jen for not posting this right away. I could not for the life of me think, then write, ten facts about myself, but hey, three weeks later...here I am.
First of all, the reason I keep a blog is to share creative ideas with other bloggers - mostly about sewing, knitting, my surroundings, road trips, and local or world events. Bloggers listed on my sidebar inspire me to do all these things and more. I share this blogger award with them because afterall, they are my inspiration.

Now, from what I understand, I'm supposed to share 10 little known facts about myself and then nominate 10 people for the award.

Normally, I don't share a lot of personal information on here because I like to keep some things private, but I believe I can muster up ten of my well-known neuroses.
I'll follow Jen's lead and start my countdown with #10 while channeling my inner David Letterman.

10. *I do not like seafood. My motto is: Fish belong in the ocean not on your plate. I can confidently say that I have tried to eat fish/seafood dishes, but it's just not for me. The only exception is tuna. I started eating tuna after boycotting it for seven years to protest the mistreatment of dolphins. Sadly, it's still happening to this day. :-(

9. *I love Google Earth! Anytime I come across an address or location of interest, I Google Earth it. Love it! Btw, Jen (and all of my friends) I have you pinned on my Google Earth map :-)

8. * I am a night owl. Just ask my friend DB in Chicago.
Hi D!
Anyone can call me up at 1 or 2 am and I'll be wide awake. I guess I was born this way or something in the wiring... the result... I am not a morning person.

7. *I'm the most happy when I'm creating something, whether it be knitting, drawing, baking or sewing for myself or for another person. These activities usually take place in the middle of the night when I have a clear focus and silence.
(see #8)

6. *I do not like wet socks or wet sleeves. If for any reason when either one gets wet while washing dishes or while I'm washing my face before going to bed, I change into dry clothing mmediately.

5. *I try really hard to be fair and equal most of the time, but when I see anything unfair happening at work, it really chapsmyhide. Whether it be the mistreatment of teachers by a Principal, or lack of compensation, I get pissed. Teachers work too darn hard to be disregarded in any way, shape or form. (I'm passionate about this one because I've seen this happen before my own eyes. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.)

4. *I cherish my friends. It's hard to find people you can trust these days. (see #5)

3. *I'm a hopeless romantic and always want a happy ending. Yes, I live in the land of make-believe. I feel slightly wronged when I watch The Bachelor or Bachelorette - the couple gets together - then they break up or they pick the wrong person (Jake-Vienna) Sheesh!
Btw, I'm enjoying Bethenny Getting Married? because I know there is a happy ending. :-)

2. *Anything chocolate, please. Need I say more? Thank you. :-)

1. * Coffee? Yes, please! Caffeine runs through my veins. Want to revive me? Put in an IV with caffeine and I'll come to life in a snap.

So there you go, not much, but it's something.

Even though I have a mile long list of blogs on my sidebar I like to visit daily, it would be hard to just pick ten for The Beautiful Blogger Award.
If anyone would like to jump in on the fun consider yourself nominated - remember to list 10 little known facts you would like to share about yourself and then nominate ten bloggers for this award.

I'll list the award recipients as I notify them.
In the meantime...

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Val said...

Oh I loved reading about you! We sound a lot alike except I love seafood! Love ya!