Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Crochet

Woohoo! My Fridays are so exciting.
A quick update on the baby blanket.
All of my squares are finished ~~> sixteen to be exact. Yay!

The plan is to crochet a trim on each square in a contrasting color and then piece it all together using blue yarn. The blanket is still in the editing stages and it could change many times in color and size.


Pattern: I found the pattern for the baby squares on Krisknits blog. She designed each pattern with baby cloths in mind, but I visioned a baby blanket instead. Go figure.
Yarn: Vanna's Choice Baby Yarn in white, Sweet Pea, Duckie and Little Boy Blue.
The colors compliment each other nicely, but I'm still debating whether I should stay with three colors or go with four. Any thoughts?
Needles: US size 9 circular knitting needle and size I crochet hook.
Notes: Kris recommends using a size 3 needle to help the design standout, but my yarn is a 4ply and went with the suggested needle size on the label. In addition to the set I used (Baby Cloths) there were three other sets included; Spring Cloths, Summer Cloths and Beach Cloths. ~~> I'd like to add that there were a few errors in a few of the patterns, nothing major. Thank you to Jennsquared for noting the mistakes on her Ravelry page and to Jen for bringing it to my attention because for a minute there I really thought I was missing something. Also, I did not use all the designs in each set, I pretty much chose what I thought would scream BABY BLANKET. :-)

So there you go...my exciting Friday.

Is it autumn yet?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, Jenn did try to contact the designer about the errors, but to no avail. :-(

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!!! Do you like the other sets? I've been putting off on buying the pattern, partly due to the none responsiveness from Kris on the errors I found, partly just that I don't need it right away...

Posh Peach said...

Thanks for your kinds words!

Love the colors for this blanket!!

Val said...

This blanket is going to be gorgeous. I love it. You are so smart.