Sunday, September 27, 2009

Road Trip Pics Galore Part 2

We had lunch as soon as we arrived at Universal Studios.
This is a view looking out of the Saddle Ranch Chop House.
Our server's name was Nick. We must have batted our eyelashes and flashed our pearly whites -just right- because we scored free dessert from Nick; a giant brownie with nuts, a giant scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, topped with some whipped cream. Yum!

This character was hanging out by the shops.

We took the Universal Studio Tram Tour. While on the tram I could have sworn I saw Redd Foxx and said so...aloud - my friend then whispered to me, "I think Redd Foxx is dead." Um, I think she's right. I felt dumb.
ETA: Good ol' Redd has not been with us since 1991!
Okay, I feel really dumb now. For more info go to IMDb.

Anywho ...this is the airplane wreckage used in one of Tom Cruise's movies. Never saw it, never will. Once Tommy Boy went off the deep end with his Scientology nonsense, I wrote him off.

This dude was looking purrrdy and hitched a ride, but was in dire need of a sip of water. Universal Studios is getting ready for their Halloween events and this is one of their many setups.

The Bates Motel ... ho hum ... moving on!

A marquee displaying the clever use of the number 5 and the letter Z. I know there's a recession, but come on people, sometimes we need the number 2!

An amusement park is not complete without a giant guitar and The Hard Rock Cafe.

We left as hordes of SEMPRA people were coming in for the evening's festivities.
As we drove home we listened to our favorite singer, Luis Miguel. There's nothing like a Luis Miguel ballad to make the drive home enjoyable in the Los Angeles traffic.
Thanks for coming along, hasta la vista.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun.

My husband has started to collect the beer pilsner glasses from the Hard Rock Cafes that we got to. So far we have three: Foxwoods (here in CT), New York and Washington, D.C.