Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend

The obsession with my slouchy cardigan has taken over my life. My weekend was spent knitting, eating, computer blogging and watching several episodes of a few downloaded reality shows, all the while knitting.
On Sunday, I was feeling the ache in my back, neck, shoulders, and hands from my Saturday knitting marathon, but do you really think it put a halt to my madness? Noooo.

I'm trying to knit the cardigan without side seams. So far, so good. I clocked in many hours and 12" worth of knitting when suddenly I saw this... argh!

For the love of TheSweaterGod! It really bugs me when I buy yarn and then find a knot several yards into the skein. Do you see that hole? It was a knot that came undone while I was pulling and tugging at it. I came across it as I was knitting...thought about frogging back because I didn't want a knot in the middle of my sweater...but I kept on going.
Now I have no choice, and there is no solution other than to frog. BUT...on a positive note, I can start the new skein from the edge of my work instead of the middle. Thank heaven for small favors.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

oh man, i hate knots, and weird yarn stuff, spitting and such..
thanks for commenting on my blog, that was so kind of you..
take care,

Kara said...

Oh, I do hate those knots! They are such a pain. Keep going. It is looking good!

Philigry said...

oh, no! i hate knots! i get on knitting binge's too. i think it happens to the best of us! i can't wait to see this finished. i love that pattern.

Anonymous said...

sorry about the hole :( it must be frustrating. But it still looks good!