Twitter is not only entertaining, everyone wants a laugh every now and then, it's instant gratifying and I'm all for that! You can read what's happening in the NOW. It's also a time waster, but I'm not complaining.
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
To be honest, blogging about my knitting projects keeps me in check, especially when I can be such a slacker at times. The 3 bags stuffed with unfinished projects is proof of it. Like all things in life, the mojo will come and go.
Sooooooo, here is a quick update to whatever I am working on at the moment.
The sweater I blogged about 2 weeks ago , is coming along beautifully. So far, so good. Words to live by. The only angst...uh oh, here it comes... the armhole stitches are way too loose even though I went back - twice - to tighten them. Didn't work and I'll deal with it till the very end.

Next up, a baby blanket for a friend's cousin. I love soft, cuddly yarn.

I was digging in my closet not long ago and found my crochet poncho under a massive pile of barely worn sweatshirts and pullovers. It was one of my very first projects way back when I took up this fun hobby/craft. I really like it, but there are very few places I can actually wear my Marcia Brady inspired cover-up without people looking at me funny. I dress pretty conservatively, but I don't want to look like I stepped out of a time machine either. FIDM would frown upon my styling choice, so, it's going to be repurposed. I'm thinking a long scarf, maybe a simple sweater, or a hat.

The weather has been very nice around here...until today. Gloomy. Tomorrow we get rain. Whoopie. I love the rain until I have to drive in it.
Spring and summer is usually the time I start sewing breezy dresses. In an attempt to wear less shorts and tees, I started making summer dresses a few years ago. This year is no exception. I found some pretty floral fabric for my first 2012 summer dress. I like to say the fabric is from TheTaylorSwiftCountryBumpkin Collection...think Oscars performance.
Also on the agenda, I promised my mother a new shower wrap, which I have yet to make. Oops. Green minty terry cloth fabric is ready and waiting and so is my mother.
Gotta get on that.

I thought I would share the last 3 dresses I made late last year and never had the chance to post because of the changing seasons and well, I was a slacker.
The first dress pictured, I love!. Using pattern New Look 6375 view A, it gave me a lot of trouble in the beginning and had to disassemble the top twice. Trying to remedy the problem caused me to run out of fabric. Thinking like a Project Runway wannabe, I mixed fabrics and it turned out even better than the original. Now I have a dress with plenty of ease, top to bottom.
The second dress is a simple hawaiian print dress, again altering the top for ease. Using a pattern from New Look 6860 view B.
The third dress is a linen-like dress. I love the way this fabric hangs, though it was very see-through and had to be lined, it's perfect for warm evenings. Again using pattern from New Look 6860 view A.

Spring is around the corner and so are new beginnings.
Here's wishing everyone a fresh start in spring 2012.

1 comment:
Oh I love those dresses! So this twitter thing..I don't understand. I think I have asked you before. I have an acct. but don't exactly know what to do. I also wanted to ask you something. My hands are doing better but I am not sure about crocheting right now. Do you thinkk Knitting would be easier on my hands? Hey, I bought some patterns for a top and a couple of dresses for my grandaughter. I hope I can do them!
Post a Comment