Saturday, September 24, 2011

Just Another Hat*

*ETA:

*The deets.
Pattern: Cat's Eye Tam
Yarn: Vanna's Choice yarn (my fav, of course), in blue, white, and red.
Needles: 16" cir sz 9 and a yarn needle.
Mods: My affinity with size 9 needles continues. I can't seem to stray from the nines and I'm okay with it. :-) But, because of it I had to rethink the number of stitches I needed to cast on since the pattern calls for sz 2 and 3 needles...huge size difference. I also added a couple of extra rows in the white band for fear I would run out of blue yarn. I used some yarn from my ever-growing stash. Half of a skein down, a gazillion to go.
I finished this hat after several trial and errors (story of my life). Strangely enough it resembles a muffin or a shower cap on my head...hmm. It's also a bit stiff at the top right now but I haven't blocked it yet, which in my world means throwing it in the wash.
This was an easy knit and would recommend it to anyone, especially when you can easily personalize it with your favorite colors.

My next knitting project is a replica of one of the cute M!ss0n! knit caps. I can't believe how big the craze for chevron prints has become.
If you're interested in a cool chevron hat pattern, I found this one on Ravelry by Julia Vesper called Chevron Love hat.
This picture is one of the cute M!ss0n! hats from the Tar-jay site.

I viewed the designer's website and fell in love with Fall 2011 collection. Big and roomy is making a comeback and I love it! They had a lot of beautiful knit hats and gorgeous sweaters in pastel colors. Too bad my wallet isn't big and roomy.
As far as the hat I'm knitting goes, I've frogged it twice. I'm having trouble with my two-strand knitting technique and loose stitches. Third times a charm, right?

It's Monday and my shows are on tonight:

Dancing with the Stars. Go Chaz!!
Two and a Half Men
Playboy Club
Most Eligible: Dallas

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Just another CUTE hat.

Val said...

Wow. You really get ur done!!! So who is going to win on DWTS?????