Saturday, September 10, 2011

How 9/11 Has Affected Me

I live in a city surrounded by military bases and under a somewhat busy flight path, the result of a small airport located a few miles east of my house.
One way 9/11 affected me...
I find myself looking up at the sky more often, especially when I hear the sound of an approaching airplane. I usually watch it as it flies by and follow it until I can no longer see it, all the while wondering about its destination and who is onboard.
Most of the time it's a commercial airliner or a private jet, but on certain occasions we have the military jets or helicopters flying by practicing their flight exercises.
The military jets can be very loud and intimidating.
The entire house shakes and can be annoying at times, but then you remember...
because we can never forget.

picture credit: utvunderground.com

They're just doing their job to protect us.

How has 9/11 affected you?

2 comments:

Kara said...

Great post. It is so good to take a moment to remember.

Val said...

Oh I do the same thing. What a special day. Thank for your prayers for ST and our friends. We went to the Little Hilton and no one had bothered anything. I didn't have internet there so I am catching up on blogs and emails!!!