Friday, November 12, 2010

101.2

Something is in the air in Room 28. Everyone is coming down with something and it came down on me. I can't seem to shake this fever, which has been lingering for days now.
I wish someone would design a decent A/C system that would keep both attached classrooms equally cool or warm. No such luck.

This assignment is really kicking my butt and because of a few "events" that have happened in the past days, I am worn out. I thought I would share a few tidbits from my "experience" so far.

1. Believe it or not, a marble WILL fit inside a first graders nose.

2. If you have gummy bears, kids will jump through hoops.

3. When the teacher steps on dog poo, the students automatically get extra recess. To quote one of the boys, "You're the best teacher ever!", as I stood there with an icky shoe.

4. You can't let a first grader see you sweat.

5. Never put your child's mental health survey in the hands of stranger. To clarify, a parent expected me to fill out a questionnaire to help a therapist determine her son's level of ADD. I knew the child for less than 9 days. It would have been completely irresponsible and a disservice to the child's mental heath if I had done it.

6. Little kids have BIG hearts.

Pray for my speedy recovery because I can't think straight anymore. :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd be surprised what can fit up inside your nose!

I hope you feel better soon.

Alice Grace said...

Get well soon! Sorry you are not up to par.

Val said...

I hope you feel better soon!! That is the cutest list about the students! It made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you're feeling better soon Martha! In the meantime, you have given me a giggle with this post! :)

Midtown Girl said...

Aww!! So sorry you aren't feeling well! I hope you get better soon darling <3

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Hmmmm, a marble up the nose, I believe it since when I was in third grade I had a pearl in my ear. Your list is funny !

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Please feel better soon !!!

Nicole Marie said...

hahahah all of these so so true! marbles fit in many strange places.
and yes a huge part is not letting them see you sweat! sometimes i turn around for a second to make a freaked out face and then turn back around calm and ready to take them on!