Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Ravelympics 2010

I did it! I joined Ravelympics 2010! (of course, I waited until the last minute.)

Graphic courtesy of zzwhitejd

A commitment that will put me to the test, for sure.
Many projects were being considered, but I've had one in mind for a while now.
Since we're down to the wire (6pm), I've decided on the Drifted Pearls scarf by Jennifer Lang.

A beautiful scarf that will not only keep your neck warm, but will keep you looking stylish.
Jennifer Lang did a wonderful job designing this scarf. I'll be making it for a sweet person that has been nothing but kind to me.
She's probably reading my blog right now. Hi Valerie! I hope you like the scarf. ;-)

Tonight, I'll be watching the Vancouver Olympics opening ceremony - The Ravelympics official start/cast on, 6pm PST. You still have time to join in on the fun.
There are over 8700 knitters participating in the event between February 12-28, 2010. Wow!

Okay, let the knitting begin. :-)

7 comments:

Val said...

Oh I am so excited! That is way too nice! I LOVE it! You are the sweetheart. I am glad to call you my friend!

Kara said...

Oh, that scarf is gorgeous. (Adding it to my queue now!) Good luck with Ravelympics!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited. This is the first time that I'm participating.

Alice Grace said...

Oh that scarf is so beautiful! I wish I could knit! I love it! I know Valerie will love it!

Posh Peach said...

What a gorgeous scarf! So pretty.

Mocha said...

Valerie is super lucky to be getting that gorgeous scarf! It's the prettiest one I've seen all season and that's after purchasing at least 8 new ones. Well done! You are so talented.

Casey said...

I love finding a new blog and a new pattern to try. Off to add it to my Ravelry queue now...