Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Sewing

Last week, I went to the mall with my friends and discovered my first Lilly Pulitzer store.
From the window display you can see that Lilly represents all things bright and happy.
According to the sales associate it was the only Lilly store in town. Interesting. Even though I didn't make a purchase, I didn't leave empty-handed either. I was given a cute bag with some perfume samples and their catalogs.

Every year around spring and summer, I try to sew a few pieces to add to my wardrobe. Last year I made several summer tops. This year I'm going to attempt to make a shift dress. I was looking through the Lilly catalogs and found two dresses I believe I can make.

The yellow dress looks like fun, breezy and simple to make especially since I may already own the pattern.

The casual white dress looks perfect for a lunch get together or summer party.

I'm still knitting, but it's time to dust off my sewing machine.

Happy Spring!!

5 comments:

Virtuous said...

Both dresses look great! Can't wait to see them come off your machine! :o)

Val said...

I cannot wait to see the dresses. They are beautiful. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Angie said...

I especially love the first dress, it does look great in yellow doesn't it. Thank you for stopping by and your encouragement. I so want to make dresses too. Excited about my clothes sewing adventure~ Angie

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I had to have the Home Ec teacher sew all my stuff in school.

Muffy said...

OOH! Let us know how it goes! I'd love to see your creations!!!