Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Arm Charm

I should be working on my pink scarf but I decided to take the plunge and knit my very first pair of arm warmers. Since I like to spend a lot of time on the computer my wrists and hands tend to get cold and tense. Using Leslie's pattern, I cast on for my first pair of Toasties.
I should have knit the pair without the thumbs because it's a little intimidating trying to knit within a small circumference.
I have yet to conquer.
Another first for me was using two circular needles. I tried the magic loop method but couldn't get a handle on it. I've tried using dpn's but, it was a no-go. The two circulars seemed to be the best and most successful method for me.
This is what I have so far.

Pattern: Toasty

Yarn: Vanna's Choice in black

Needle Size: Two US9 circular needles, crochet hook for purl BO, size K 10.5

Mod Notes:
I cast on 36 sts, next time I'll use a needle one size up for a looser cast on and bind off, that's if I use the same yarn again. Given that I didn't use the recommended size needle or yarn, the outcome is noticeable. The bind off is tight and the yarn makes the garment dense, but very warm. I added a ribbed edge, but I'm going to go back to the stockinette stitch finish for some additional finger wiggle room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything you make is so cute :) Keep it up and I hope you have a great Sunday!