It's a time to experience some independence away from home, from parents, siblings, and chores for 5 whole days! Woohoo!
A few things I remember about 6th Grade Camp were the songs, hiking, roasted marshmallows, a fly in my milk and spotting the boys changing in front of the cabin window as another female camper and I ran by on our way to the nurse's office - of course we squealed. Good times.
My friend's daughter, L, will be leaving for 6th Grade Camp in 2 weeks. I'm pretty excited for her, especially since it might snow. I understand that snow is no big deal to someone living under 5 feet of it right now, but in California (it's in the 70's), it's a big deal.
In honor of this momentous 6th grade tween event, I made a knit cap for her using the Cables Untangled pattern to stay warm while hiking. At her request, I used Vanna's Choice yarn in purple with blues. I used US 9 circular needles, Vanna's yarn and dpn's sz 8.
The lighting is a little off in the picture, so the colors may not be accurate.
Next on the queue, a matching scarf or cowl.

2 comments:
I remember 6th grade camp. It was so much fun. Your friend's daughter is going to be looking awesome in that hat.
Here in CT, we went to a place called, "Nature's Classroom". I had fun but ended up getting sick. :-(
Hopefully "L" will have a blast!
Post a Comment