Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Owls For You

My latest knitting project has to do with a large pair of eyes.
Lately, I've been seeing a lot of owl hats on Pinterest, Etsy, and other fun sites.
Looks easy enough to make, right?
I had plenty of time to spend on my owl hat over the weekend since I had a sinus cold and still do. Wah.
Using 16"cir size 13, I began with 6 rows in garter stitch and continued in stockinette until I ran out of yarn.
Leaving a strand long enough to bind off the top, I used the kitchener stitch to close it straight across.
The eyes were made and attached, but decided to start over, so I cut them off and frogged both.
My crochet hooks wait patiently as I decide how to approach the next step. Eye color? Sizes? With or without lashes?
So many decisions to make. :-)
Back to Pinterest and some cold medicine. :-)

Yarn: Lion Brand Hometown USA in Aspen Tweed and Santa Fe Tweed

2 comments:

Val said...

I cannot wait to see it finished! Sure hope you are feeling better!

Lulu said...

cant wait to see it..you do beautiful hats..