I treated myself to a few Ravelry patterns I had my eye on for a while now.
By the second week of January, I had a couple of projects on the needles.
I think of knitting as my cardio. Known to many as a relaxing hobby, for me it's intense and part of the enjoyment is watching my project take shape...asap. :-/
Last week we experienced - what this Cali native considers -strange weather.
For several weeks now, the temps dropped into the 30's and 40's in the evenings; 50's and 60's in the day. Brrrr.
It was so cold I kept getting brain freeze; hence all the knitting.
Today was nice and warm. Go figure.
Tomorrow, cloudy and the next day we expect rain.
Thanks Mother Nature. Thanks a lot.
I started knitting a pair of arm warmers in the midst of our cold snap.
Showed them to my friend. She loved them. They are now hers. :-)
I was halfway done with the first arm warmer, tried them on, and noticed they were a little too big around the arm. It wasn't a bad thing, but I wanted snugness. Added ribbing all-around. Problem solved.
The color is a beautiful burgundy. The picture shows them in a reddish tone. Darn camera. Picture below is closer to the actual color.

Starting a new pair in blue for my friend's daughter and...
a fun poncho.Happy Knitting. :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment