Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer 2012 Road Trip Part 3

Photo adventure story continued.
After our short mid-day excursion in Los Angeles we headed south to the Citadel Outlet Mall.
When my friend suggested this particular mall as one of your stops, I had reservations, mainly because of its location. If you're familiar with Los Angeles, you'll know why. But, once I researched it on Google Earth -- to be honest not until we actually drove onto the parking lot -- I felt more at ease.
It turned out to be a good outing, especially after I found a cute pair of sandals
After a few hours of shopping bliss, we headed home...that is until my friend had a craving for a Marceline's candy apple from Disneyland.
We still had some adventure in us and before you could say Mickey Mouse, we were turning left at the light and towards Downtown Disney.
 This place can easily transform an adult into a kid again.
 
 My camera battery ran out of juice by this time of the day. After numerous tries, this is the best picture I could get of Tigger and Piglet. I loved this display.
 Disney fireworks. Oooooh. Aaaaah
 My most fave purchase of the day was this limited edition Mickey Mouse tote bag. I happened to be at the right place at the right time.
Thank you to my friend who bought enough Disney pins for her nephews to qualify for the bag. :-)
 And, you can't leave Disney without a Mickey Mouse chocolate chip cookie. Yum!
Downtown Disney is such a lively place at night. Anyone living in the area or if you happen to be vacationing in Orange County and you want to catch a movie, enjoy live entertainment, or just want to hang out with Mickey and friends, this is the place for you.  It rained in the late evening, but stopped just in time for the fireworks show.
So, there it is, my road trip in pictures. Not sure when the next adventure will be considering the new school year starts in a couple of weeks.
Summer vacay is coming to an end.
I hope everyone is having a great summer while it last!
TTFN :-)

1 comment:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Great photos ! Happy you had a wonderful and safe trip. That cookie looks delish !!!